Tuesday, June 24, 2014

If We Have Bread On The Table And Shoes On Our Feet, That’s Enough


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Kings 11; 2 Kings 12; 2 Chronicles 24; 1 Timothy 6 

If We Have 

Bread On The Table

And Shoes On Our Feet, That’s Enough

Scripture

1 Timothy 6 

But godliness with contentment is great gain.
 
For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. NLT

6-8 A devout life does bring wealth, but it’s the rich simplicity of being yourself before God. Since we entered the world penniless and will leave it penniless, if we have bread on the table and shoes on our feet, that’s enough. MESSAGE

Observation

Contentment is a difficult thing to hold onto in the land of “Happy Meals”! Millions of commercials all try to grab our attention trying to sell us the newest, the fastest, and the latest gadget (house, car, computer/tablet, television, cell phone, and even clothes).

Let’s go back to verse 6 and verse 8 and realize that all that we really need, we already have! Let’s be content. Let’s strive for godliness.

Application

I will strive to be content. I will strive to enjoy what God has already given to me: my family, my friends, my church, and my relationship with Him! 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be content today with what I have. Help me to be content today with my health as it is. Put on my heart today what is important to You for me to think about and put on my heart what is important for me to do. You are good – all the time! Thank You for Your goodness and Your mercy.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: