Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Don’t Slip Back Into Your Old Ways Of Living To Satisfy Your Own Desires


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Don’t Slip Back

Into Your Old Ways Of Living

To Satisfy Your Own Desires

Scripture

14 So you must live as God’s obedient children. 

Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. 

You didn’t know any better then. 15 But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy.
 
16 For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.”

Observation

I love to look at my friends on Facebook when they are showing family pictures and celebrating their children’s birthdays etc.

What I don’t like on Facebook is when I see some of my Christian friends putting up stuff that reminds me of my old empty life and they don’t seem to be bothered by what they post. For example: bad language, skimpy clothes that accent body parts other than the face, old ways of living - partying, drinking, clubbing etc.

I expect that kind of behavior from my Facebook friends who do not have a relationship with Jesus Christ. I am shocked and grieved when it is from my brothers and sisters in Christ.

All of us are reminded this morning not to slip back into our old ways of living!

Have you recently slipped back into your old way of living?

Maybe some of our pictures on Facebook need to come down. Maybe our vocabulary needs to change.  Maybe there needs to be some real repentance and brokenness for giving in to our desires.

Here is a great question to ask before we go and do something or before we post something up for all of our friends to see:

Will this bring honor and glory to the Lord Jesus Christ?

You and I can slip back into our old way of living. I am no different than anyone else.

How can we walk in obedience and not slip back into our old way of living?

Psalm 119:9
    How can a young person stay pure?
        By obeying your word and following its rules.

Psalm 119:11
    I have hidden your word in my heart,
        that I might not sin against you.

Application

I will pray for those who seem to have slipped back into the old empty life style and I will encourage them to walk in obedience.



Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that I am no different than anyone else when it comes to sinning. I am a sinner. You know my heart. You know where I am weak. You know how many times I have slipped back and sinned. Thank You for that we can be forgiven. Thank You that You have paid the price for the penalty of my sins.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!




No comments: