Wednesday, July 09, 2014

This Hope Is A Strong And Trustworthy Anchor For Our Souls.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Micah 1,2,3,4; Hebrews 6

This Hope

Is A Strong And Trustworthy 

Anchor For Our Souls.

Scripture

Hebrews 6

Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us.
 
19 This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls.

Observation

Last week while on vacation over at the beach I had a chance to go out a few times in my kayak and do a little fishing. I have a special anchor on my kayak that holds my kayak pretty well and in fact sometimes the anchor gets stuck on rocks and doesn’t want to let go even when you are ready to move to a different spot.

My anchor is made so that if it does get stuck under a rock I can pull it really hard and it will break (hopefully) a zip tie holding the anchor in place, the anchor will collapse and you can pull it up.

Our hope that lies before us is a strong and trustworthy anchor that will never collapse. It will never let us go. I am very glad of that aren’t you? 

Psalm 130

I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word.

Application

I will thank the Lord today for giving me the confidence of knowing that He will never let me go! 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am counting on You; yes, I am counting on You Lord. I have put my hope in Your Word. Let your unfailing love surround me, Lord, for my hope is in you alone. I put my hope in You Lord. You are my help and my shield. Psalm 33:20,22; Psalm 130:5

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: