Wednesday, July 30, 2014

From His Abundance We Have All Received One Gracious Blessing After Another.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Isaiah 60,61,62; John 1

From His 

Abundance

We Have All Received One Gracious Blessing After Another.

Scripture

John 1

16 From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another.

Observation

Have you heard someone say after you ask him or her how he or she is doing say, “I am blessed”? I know that it could be a response that has just become just a habit like you and me saying, “I am fine” 

By the way, don’t ever use that reply, “I am fine” with a CR person. Oh, what does CR stand for? “Celebrate Recovery” Try it with Linda Renner and see what happens!

The truth is most of us when we greet someone aren’t expecting a complete rundown of their entire medical history. Lately when someone asks me, “how are you doing?” I usually just reply “okay”. Fine would definitely be a lie! 

What I could and should say is, “I am blessed”!

For a Christ Follower the greeting, “I am blessed” is true no matter how rough life is treating you at the moment. You and I (if you are a disciple of Christ) are very blessed. 

Jesus came to this earth He says in John 10:10 to give us something, “…I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.”

 Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavens. (Holman) Ephesians 1:3

So … how are you doing today? 

Application

The next time a person ask me how I am doing I am going to tell them, “I am blessed”! And then I am going to Smile as I remember John 1:16

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am blessed. You have blessed me with one blessing after another. I have every spiritual blessing. Because You are my Shepherd I have everything that I need. (Psalm 23:1) 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: