Friday, July 18, 2014

“…For You Believe That There Is One God, Good For You! Even The Demons Believe This, And They Tremble In Terror.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Isaiah 32,33,34,35; James 2

“…For You Believe That There Is One God,

Good For You!

Even The Demons Believe This, And They Tremble In Terror.”

Scripture

James 2

19 You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror.

Observation

…Abraham was shown to be right with God by his actions when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see, his faith and his actions worked together. His actions made his faith complete. 23 And so it happened just as the Scriptures say: “Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith.” He was even called the friend of God.
 
24 So you see, we are shown to be right with God by what we do, not by faith alone.

Many of our church members sacrifice time and energy to come down and help work on projects at church when I need their help. And I hear of others doing things to serve others. 

This is faith. Faith is an action word. 

Others always seem to be too busy to help someone else or take time to volunteer at the church. 

This Sunday just take a minute and watch those who make it their business to serve during the Picnic lunch and then look at others who are only interested in getting in the front of the line to fill their bellies. 

Was that too harsh? 

I love watching Jeannie Donahey’s team serve at events like a church-wide picnic! It is an awesome display of their faith! I am so glad to see Robin Vosler now stepping up to serve as coordinator for these big events. I am very proud of them!

Maybe you and I could serve in some way this Sunday. Something as easy as standing at the door and greeting people to make sure they feel at home and welcome this Sunday! We could sure use your help!

You don’t attend Christ Fellowship? Why not serve at the church where you attend. 

Don’t just …SIT … SOAK … SOUR … Start serving!

Application

I will keep asking people to help me serve the Lord at Christ Fellowship. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me the faith of Abraham. Help me be a person of action. Don’t let me only be a spectator. I want to serve You by serving others. Give me Your heart for the people around me. Direct me in all that I do today. You are worthy of Worship. You are worthy of Praise. Mighty is Your Name. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: