Friday, July 25, 2014

You Have Had Enough In The Past Of Evil Things That Godless People Enjoy – Their Immorality And Lust, Their Feasting And Drunkenness, And Wild Parties …


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Isaiah 43,44,45; 1 Peter 4

You Have Had Enough In The Past 

Of Evil Things That Godless People Enjoy –

Their Immorality And Lust, Their Feasting And Drunkenness, And Wild Parties …

Scripture

1 Peter 4

You have had enough in the past of the evil things that godless people enjoy—their immorality and lust, their feasting and drunkenness and wild parties, and their terrible worship of idols.

Observation

I came to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ one year after Kathy and I got married. I was 19 years old. 

I grew up living the life described in verse 3 of I Peter 4. To this day, I have regrets about my behavior before Christ transformed my life. I am so glad He saved me and rescued me from a life of destruction. 

I agree with Peter when he says in verse 3, “You have had enough in the past of the evil things that godless people enjoy.” I have had enough. 

Have you? 

“Repentance” is saying to God, “I have had enough” It is turning from sin and self and turning to God and living for Him. 

I have been forgiven. I have had enough in the past of the evil things that godless Eddy enjoyed –immorality and lust, etc. 

How about you?  

Application

I will live for Jesus Christ today. How about you? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that I am forgiven of my past. I know that You don’t think about it anymore. I can never forget my past. I will always remember what living in sin was like. It was nothing compared to the life that I now live in You. I am a sinner. I am forgiven. Help me live everyday in a way that pleases You. Help me to make You smile. Help me not to yield to temptations that only cause me to do things that grieve You. 

I will trust in what You say about me in Isaiah 43:1- 3

 “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the Lord your God,

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


No comments: