Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I Would Rather Be A Gatekeeper In The House Of God Than Live The Good Life In The Homes Of The Wicked


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Ezra 1; Psalms 84,85; Luke 7

I Would Rather Be
A Gatekeeper In The House Of God
Than Live The Good Life In The Homes Of The Wicked

(Looking forward to Sunday?)

Scripture

Psalms 84

10 A single day in your courts
    is better than a thousand anywhere else!
I would rather be a gatekeeper in the house of my God
    than live the good life in the homes of the wicked.
11 For the Lord God is our sun and our shield.
    He gives us grace and glory.
The Lord will withhold no good thing
    from those who do what is right.
12 O Lord of Heaven’s Armies,
    what joy for those who trust in you.


Observation

When I hear someone say, “I don’t need to go to church to worship God” I think to myself, “how sad!” A person that says something like that just doesn’t understand anything about having a relationship with Jesus Christ!

Being a part of a local church is so much more than just attending a worship service, but I do look forward to being in worship with my spiritual family each week. In fact, I look forward to being with them on Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday every week (big church on Sunday and life groups on Monday and Wednesday).

If you are not involved in the life of a local church then you are missing out on what God created you for. You are not living! You are just going through the motions!

 Application


I will look forward to greeting people as they arrive at Christ Fellowship this Sunday!

I would rather be a gatekeeper in the house of my God
    than live the good life in the homes of the wicked. Psalm 84:10b

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t let me lose my love for Your church. Jesus Christ died for the church. Church is Your idea. Help me to encourage someone this week that needs to get back in fellowship. You are Worthy to be Praised! … For you are my sun and our shield. You give me grace and glory. You will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right.  O Lord of Heaven’s Armies, what joy for those who trust in you. (Psalm 84:11-12)

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: