Friday, September 12, 2014

He Is Able To Humble The Proud


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Daniel 3,4; Psalms 81; Revelation 17

He
Is Able
To Humble The Proud

(Never take a pat on the back unless it is way down low!)

Scripture

Daniel 4

37 “Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and glorify and honor the King of heaven. All his acts are just and true, and he is able to humble the proud.”

Observation
First pride, then the crash— the bigger the ego, the harder the fall. Proverbs 16:18

True humility and fear of the Lord lead to riches, honor, and long life.  Proverbs 22:4

12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12

When I first began serving the Lord under Dr. Waylon B. Moore way back in the early 1970’s I remember him telling me, “never take a pat on the back unless it is way down low!” I never forgot what he said, but I can’t always say that I didn’t let compliments sometimes go to my head.

Pride has a way of creeping into our lives. It is easy to become big headed. 

It is hard to be around someone who is full of themself, but a humble person draws people like a magnet. Jesus = Humility.

The more of Jesus that is evident in our life the more that people will be attracted to us.

Application

I will ask God to fill me today with His Holy Spirit so that people will see Jesus in me. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t let pride rob me of serving You today. You are my Lord and my Savior. Take total control of my life today. Be glorified in and through me today. Your rule is everlasting, and Your kingdom is eternal. All the people of the earth are nothing compared to You. You do as You please among the angels of heaven and among the people of the earth. (Daniel 4:34-35)

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: