Monday, September 22, 2014

But If You Say So


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Daniel 9,10; Psalms 123; Luke 5

But
If You
Say So

(The phrase that pays, "What can I do to help?")
 
Scripture

Luke 5

Stepping into one of the boats, Jesus asked Simon, its owner, to push it out into the water. So he sat in the boat and taught the crowds from there.

When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Now go out where it is deeper, and let down your nets to catch some fish.”

“Master,” Simon replied, “we worked hard all last night and didn’t catch a thing. But if you say so, I’ll let the nets down again.” And this time their nets were so full of fish they began to tear!

  A shout for help brought their partners in the other boat, and soon both boats were filled with fish and on the verge of sinking.

Observation

Yesterday Pastor Bruce preached a message on mutual submission and our take home phrase from that message was, “What can I do to help?” (Ephesians 5:21)

Relationships … they would be so much better if we just that phrase into practice!

Peter and the disciples had fished all night and they had caught nothing. They were tired. Peter was a fisherman and Jesus was a carpenter. Jesus told Peter to put out his nets in the daytime. Peter knew that you didn’t fish in the daytime and that you only caught fish at night.

Tired and worn out Peter obeyed this seemingly ridiculous request. He submitted himself to Jesus and Peter experienced a miracle.

Do you need a miracle in your marriage? Mutual submission starts with you and me.

Here is the phrase that pays, “What can I do to help?”


Application

I will ask Kathy this week even when I am tired and even when I don’t feel good, “What can I do to help?” Thanks Pastor Bruce!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me a heart of obedience like Peter had so I can experience the miracles that Peter experienced. Help me to be more concerned about the people around me than I am of myself. Help me say to others, “What can I do to help?”

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: