Monday, September 08, 2014

That Is What God Is Like


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Jeremiah 42,43,44; Psalms 48; Revelation 13

That 

Is What 

God Is Like

(What is your god …God like?)

Scripture

Psalms 48

14 For that is what God is like.
    He is our God forever and ever,
    and he will guide us until we die.


Observation

What is your god/God like? I will tell you what my God is like. 

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
    will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
    he is my God, and I trust him.
For he will rescue you from every trap
    and protect you from deadly disease.
He will cover you with his feathers.
    He will shelter you with his wings.
    His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

If you make the Lord your refuge,
    if you make the Most High your shelter,
10 no evil will conquer you;
    no plague will come near your home.
11 For he will order his angels
    to protect you wherever you go.
12 They will hold you up with their hands
    so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.


14 The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
    I will protect those who trust in my name.
15 When they call on me, I will answer;
    I will be with them in trouble.
    I will rescue and honor them.
16 I will reward them with a long life
    and give them my salvation.” Psalm 91


What is your god/God like?

Application

I will make God my refuge today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I will trust You with all my heart; I will not depend on my own understanding.  I will seek Your will in all that I do, and I know that You will direct my path. (Proverbs 3:5-6) You alone are my refuge, my place of safety; You are my God, and I trust You. You will rescue you from every trap and protect me from deadly disease. You will cover me with Your feathers. You will shelter me with Your wings. Your faithful promises are my armor and protection. (Psalm 91:1-4)

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: