Saturday, September 20, 2014

LORD, If You Kept A Record Of Our Sins, Who, O Lord, Could Ever Survive?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Daniel 5,6; Psalms 130; Luke 3

LORD, If You Kept A Record Of Our Sins,

Who, 

O Lord, Could Ever Survive?

(Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing.) 

Scripture

Psalms 130

Lord, if you kept a record of our sins,
    who, O Lord, could ever survive?


But you offer forgiveness,
    that we might learn to fear you.

Observation

Forgiveness! If you and I would only learn how to forgive like Jesus has forgiven us. 

It would make a huge difference in our marriages, our relationships, and it would make us a lot more fun to be around. 

Fighting, arguing, huge amounts of drama all seem to be what consumes the lives of so many people … even those who call themselves Christ followers. 

 I am sorry. Will you forgive me? I love you. This is what needs to flow out of our mouths quickly when we hurt someone. And when someone wrongs us we need to quickly forgive him or her. 

Have you gotten angry this week? The problem is not the other person … 

Are you keeping a record of the wrongs that someone has done to you? If the Lord did that we could never survive. 

Offer forgiveness right now. Put this up on your refrigerator or use a dry erase marker and put them on a mirror in your bedroom. “I am sorry. Will you forgive me? I love you.” 


Application

I am sorry. Will you forgive me? I love you.

Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing. Proverbs 12:18

Will be posted on our refrigerator today. How about yours?

 Prayer

Lord, if you kept a record of our sins, who, O Lord, could ever survive? But you offer forgiveness, that we might learn to fear you.  I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on You. I have put my hope in Your word. 
 
Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Don’t keep looking at my sins. Remove the stain of my guilt. Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. Psalm 130:3-4; Psalm 51:9-10

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: