Tuesday, September 30, 2014

You Will Perish Too, Unless You Repent Of Your Sins And Turn To God


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Zechariah 7,8,9; Luke 13

You
Will Perish Too,
Unless You Repent Of Your Sins And Turn To God

(Create in me a clean heart, O God!)

Scripture

Luke 13

13 About this time Jesus was informed that Pilate had murdered some people from Galilee as they were offering sacrifices at the Temple. “Do you think those Galileans were worse sinners than all the other people from Galilee?” Jesus asked. “Is that why they suffered? Not at all! And you will perish, too, unless you repent of your sins and turn to God. And what about the eighteen people who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them? Were they the worst sinners in Jerusalem? No, and I tell you again that unless you repent, you will perish, too.”

Observation

The high and lofty one who lives in eternity, the Holy One, says this: “I live in the high and holy place with those whose spirits are contrite and humble. I restore the crushed spirit of the humble and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts. Isaiah 57:15

Prove by the way you live that you have repented of your sins and turned to God. Matthew 3:8

 Unless you and I repent sin will destroy us! When we turn away from God and turn to sin we begin to self-destruct.

In our “Brokenness” we can find our Savior.

Application

I will ask God to help me to immediately repent every time I sin.

Prayer

Have mercy on me, O God, because of your unfailing love Because of your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin. Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Oh, give me back my joy again; you have broken me—now let me rejoice. Don’t keep looking at my sins Remove the stain of my guilt.  

Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. Do not banish me from your presence, and don’t take your Holy Spirit from me. Psalm 51:1-2, 7-12

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: