Thursday, September 18, 2014

“You Are Highly Favored. The Lord Is With You.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Ezekiel 45,46; Luke 1

“You
Are
Highly Favored. The Lord Is With You.”

Scripture

Luke 1

26 In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, 27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

Observation

If God sent an angel down from Heaven to speak to us I wonder if he would say the same thing about us that he said about Mary. 

Today as I start reading through the book of Luke I find that it starts out with the Christmas story. The weather is beginning to change. The air has a hint of “fall” in it (just a hint!) Christmas is just around the corner!

You are highly favored. The Lord is with you. I hope an Angel would say those things about me. How about you? 

I remember what the Angel Gabriel said to the prophet Daniel when God sent Gabriel down to encourage His prophet. Gabriel said to Daniel, “Do not be afraid, you who are highly esteemed,” he said. “Peace! Be strong now; be strong.” (Daniel 10:19)

I know God loves me. God loves everybody. I want God to highly favor me. I want Him to be with me like He was for Mary the mother of Jesus, and for His prophet Daniel.

If you and I humble ourselves and seek God’s face we too will be highly favored and God will also be with us. Right now is a good time to say to Him, “Yes, Lord.” “Yes, Lord.” What ever You want me to do I will do. I humble myself before You.


Application

It is my desire to live in a such a way that I am highly favored by God. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, My soul glorifies You and my spirit rejoices in You my Savior, for You have been mindful of the humble state of Your servant. Your mercy extends to those who fear You, from generation to generation. You have performed mighty deeds with Your arm; You have scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts. You have brought down rulers from their thrones but have lifted up the humble. You have filled the hungry with good things but have sent the rich away empty. Praise be to the Lord! (Luke 1:46-51)

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: