Monday, September 29, 2014

“Yes, A Person Is A Fool To Store Up Earthly Wealth But Not Have A Rich Relationship With God.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Zechariah 4,5,6; Luke 12

“Yes, A Person Is A Fool
To Store Up Earthly Wealth
But Not Have A Rich Relationship With God.”

Scripture

Luke 12

15 Then he said, “Beware! Guard against every kind of greed. Life is not measured by how much you own.”

16 Then he told them a story: “A rich man had a fertile farm that produced fine crops. 17 He said to himself, ‘What should I do? I don’t have room for all my crops.’ 18 Then he said, ‘I know! I’ll tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then I’ll have room enough to store all my wheat and other goods. 19 And I’ll sit back and say to myself, “My friend, you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy! Eat, drink, and be merry!”’

20 “But God said to him, ‘You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?’

21 “Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God.”

Observation

Today is Monday. There is a tendency, at least for me, to start out my week on the wrong foot, worrying about everyday life! So today’s Bible reading for this Monday is perfect!

22 Then, turning to his disciples, Jesus said, “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food to eat or enough clothes to wear. 23 For life is more than food, and your body more than clothing. 24 Look at the ravens. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than any birds! 25 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? Luke 12:22-25

Application

I will focus this week on my relationship with my Heavenly Father and I will try not to worry about everyday life. 

Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need. Luke 12:31

 Prayer

Heavenly Father, there is so much to be concerned about and that concern for me quickly turns to worry. Help me to trust You this week with every detail of my life. My relationship with You is more important than anything else. 

I pray today for people in my life that seem to be going sideways. I can’t fix things for them. Their lives seem to be out of control. You are All-Powerful. Nothing is too hard for You. I put them in Your Hands today and I ask You to bring them back into a right relationship with You and a right relationship with everybody else.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: