Tuesday, September 23, 2014

What You Say Flows From What Is In Your Heart.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Daniel 11,12; Luke 6

What
You Say
Flows From What Is In Your Heart.

“Squeeze a lemon and you get …?”


Scripture

Luke 6

45 A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart.

Observation

What has come out of our mouths so far this week … any hurtful words, critical words, and any other ugly stuff? What about the tone of our voices as we respond to those we love?  What you and I say and how we say it reflects the condition of our hearts.

What is in our hearts is going to come out!

He didn’t mean it. Just ignore him; he is not really like that. Baloney … it comes straight from his heart!

    The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? Jeremiah 17:9

Listen carefully to what people talk about. Listen to the tone of their voice. Listen carefully to what comes out of their mouth. It reflects who they really are?

    Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing. Proverbs 12:18

Squeeze a lemon and out comes lemon juice. Squeeze a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ and out comes? What should come out is the fruit of the Holy Spirit, “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness.” Galatians 5:22

   

Application

I will listen carefully to what comes out of my mouth this week, both to the words and to the tone of my voice.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is my desire this morning to have a heart that is full of Your Holy Spirit. I pray and ask that You be in control of every part of my life. Don’t let anything ugly come out of my mouth. If it does please make me aware of it right then so I can apologize to the people around me. Help me to bring You glory and honor with the way I live out this week. You are an Awesome God.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: