Tuesday, July 28, 2015

For You Are A Slave To Whatever Controls You


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

For You
Are A Slave
To Whatever Controls You

Don’t look down on someone else just because they have become slaves to a certain sin because my friend it could very easily happen to you. You and I are always just a choice away from allowing sin to take God’s place on the throne of our hearts. But don’t you condone his or her sinful living. Don’t you dare make excuses for that person’s sinful lifestyle.

Scripture

2 Peter 2

19b … For you are a slave to whatever controls you.

Observation


We are all slaves to something. Either you and I allow ourselves to be slaves of the Lord Jesus Christ or we will be slaves to whatever we have allowed to control us. The Apostle Peter was describing false teachers who had crept into the fellowship of believers and were leading people astray with a perverted way of living.

Constantly we are bombarded with things that want to control us. And once we are under that particular sin’s control we become a slave to it. It owns us.

All types of sexual immorality, greed, power, drugs, alcohol, over eating, all of these and so many more things can easily become our master and immediately we begin to rationalize our sinful lifestyle and we blame everyone around us for our bad situation and our bad behavior.

But be careful … because … it can happen to any of us.

Don’t look down on someone else just because they have become slaves to a certain sin because my friend it could very easily happen to you. You and I are always just a choice away from allowing sin to take God’s place on the throne of our hearts.

But don’t you dare condone it. Don’t make excuses for that person’s lifestyle either.

Pray for them. And if and when you have the opportunity speak God’s truth into his or her life hopefully they will listen and they will turn from their life of sin and turn back to Christ.

I am praying for some people right now that I believe have allowed sin to become their master. I am praying for the right opportunity to be able to speak to them about the direction of their lives. Until God shows or gives me that opportunity I am going to continue to pray for them.

There is nothing more important for me to do for them than to cry out to God on their behalf.

When I do get to finally speak to them I realize that I could mess up. I could say the wrong thing. I could speak to them when I had the wrong heart attitude. I could speak to them when my motives were not pure. So I will continue to pray for them until the Lord opens up the opportunity for me to talk to them.

19 My brothers and sisters, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring that person back, 20 remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins. James 5:19-20

Application

I will continue to pray for those who need to return to a right relationship with Jesus. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to keep my focus off of myself and give me a heart of compassion for those around me. Give me Your eyes and Your heart for the people that You bring into my life. Give me the ability to love them like You love them. I know that it is easy for me to see the splinter in someone else’s eye and not pay attention to the beam that is in mine. 

Give me strength today to say “no” to sin and “yes” to You. I want You to be in control of my life today. 

Daily Bible Reading:  Isaiah 53,54,55,56; 2 Peter 2

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: