Thursday, July 02, 2015

What Sorrow For Those Who Say That Evil Is Good And Good Is Evil


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

What Sorrow
For Those Who Say
That Evil Is Good And Good Is Evil

Is it just Eddy or do you also find yourself living in a crazy upside down world where people around you are calling evil good!


Scripture

Isaiah 5

20 What sorrow for those who say
    that evil is good and good is evil,
that dark is light and light is dark,
    that bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter.


Observation

Is it just Eddy or do you also find yourself living in a crazy upside down world where people around you are calling evil good!

But I discovered this morning that they had the same problem during the prophet Isaiah’s time and even in the New Testament in the life of the first century church. 

I say this because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches, saying that God’s marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives. Jude 1:4

There is a standard for right living! It is the Bible! 

God created us and He has given us His Word. In It God shows us exactly how He wants us to live.

God shows us clearly what is evil and what is good! 

When people reject God’s Word then it is easy for them to call what is evil - good!

 Do my thoughts and my actions bring honor and glory to God? Do my thoughts and my actions line up with what God says in His Word?

Application

I will depend on God’s Word to show me what is evil and what is good. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, show me how to live in this upside down world. Don’t let me be influenced by ungodliness. Convict me when I sin. Don’t let me yield to temptations that will lead me to sin. Help me to guard Your Word in my heart so that I will not sin against You.

Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to him who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are his before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen. Jude 1:24-25



Daily Bible Reading:  Isaiah 4,5; Psalms 115,116; Jude; Psalms 6-10

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: