Wednesday, July 29, 2015

May I Never Forget The Good Things He Does For Me


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

May I Never
Forget
The Good Things He Does For Me

Thanking God and having a grateful heart is key to living a life filled with joy! Our Heavenly Father loves to hear us say, “Thank You”!

Scripture

Psalms 103

Let all that I am praise the Lord;
    with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.


Let all that I am praise the Lord;
    may I never forget the good things he does for me.


He forgives all my sins
    and heals all my diseases.


He redeems me from death
    and crowns me with love and tender mercies.


He fills my life with good things.
    My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!


Observation

Kathy has been reading a book called, “One Thousand Gifts” by Ann Voskamp and attending a life group over at Laurel Barden’s house to discuss the book. One of the things that she has started doing because of this study was writing in a “Gratitude Journal” each day writing down things that she is thankful for. The intention of the book (I am reading the back cover) is to cause you to intentionally embrace a lifestyle of radical gratitude and to slow down and catch God in the moment.

You go girl! Can you tell that I am very proud of the woman that the Lord has given to me?

Thanking God and having a grateful heart is key to living a life filled with joy! Our Heavenly Father loves to hear us say, “Thank You”!

Stop what you are doing and take a minute to thank God. Think about all that has happened to you recently and take time to thank God for all that He had done.

I had a procedure on my heart on May 19 that could have completely fixed my arrhythmia problem and I would have been able to continue driving. Plus I wouldn’t have these episodes of going unconscious from Ventricular Fibrillation and having to be jump started back to life by my built in defibrillator. The doctor spent 5 hours trying to fix my problem, but in the end all his efforts failed. We were both disappointed. He didn’t want to have to tell me that I wouldn’t be driving anymore and I didn’t want to hear that news either.

But here is the good news for which I am so thankful. Ever since I had that procedure done I have been feeling very good. I have not had the chest pain like I have had previously. Whether it was something that he accidentally did while he was in there, whether it was a slight medicine change that I made, is not really important. God intervened!

I know Who is responsible and I give Him thanks! Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me.

What do you have to be thankful for this morning? A grateful heart is a happy heart!

Application

I will continue to thank my God all day today for His goodness! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. You go before me and follow me. You place our hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand!
 
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.

 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.  They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me! Psalm 139: 1-6, 14, 18-19



Daily Bible Reading:  Isaiah 57,58,59; Psalms 103; 2 Peter 3

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: