Thursday, July 16, 2015

Give Honor To Marriage, And Remain Faithful To One Another In Marriage


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Give Honor To Marriage,
And Remain Faithful
To One Another In Marriage

The grass is not greener on the other side of the fence. Why do we believe Satan’s lies? Do you think divorce is the answer for your troubled marriage? It’s not. There is just more miseries on the other side of the fence so don’t jump!

Scripture

Hebrews 13

4 Give honor to marriage, and remain faithful to one another in marriage. God will surely judge people who are immoral and those who commit adultery.

Observation

The grass is not greener on the other side of the fence. Why do we believe Satan’s lies?

Do you think divorce is the answer for your troubled marriage? It’s not.

What does the Bible say about marriage? Forget what society and our culture and maybe even some of your friends say about bailing out on your marriage. Do what God says … stick it out. Get help. Make it work.

There is just more miseries on the other side of the fence so don’t jump!

I am so happy for the couples that recognize that their marriage is worth fighting for and make the commitment to go to counseling and get help.

I guess it is pride that keeps us from getting help. How dumb is that!

I can still remember when Kathy and I had to go and get the help of a godly counselor because of a situation in the life of one of those close to us that was putting stress on our marriage relationship. 

I can remember that counselor showing me some things that I needed to change that would make the situation better. I couldn’t see those things until someone pointed them out to me.

You and I are not perfect. We are sinners. In humility and brokenness lets do everything possible to make our marriages great.



Application

I will continue to strongly encourage couples to work hard on their marriage.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, marriage is Your idea. You hate divorce. So I pray to You and I ask You to do a mighty work in the lives of those couples that want to just give up on their marriage commitment. Don’t let them give up. Open up their eyes to Your truth. Show them that the direction that they are heading is wrong. Don’t let them give in to Satan’s lies.

Daily Bible Reading:  Isaiah 25,26,27,28; Hebrews 13

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: