Sunday, July 19, 2015

God Is Our Refuge And Strength Always Ready To Help In Times Of Trouble


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

God Is Our Refuge And Strength
Always
Ready To Help In Times Of Trouble

This week I was trying to help a friend by fixing his computer. He left it at my house for me to look at. I am no computer whiz but I thought that I could probably fix the problem without a whole thought of trouble. Two days later I find myself still trying to correct the problem and I have totally run out of things to try. It was then when I turned to the Lord and asked Him for His help! Dummy me!

Scripture

Psalm 46

God is our refuge and strength,
    always ready to help in times of trouble.
So we will not fear when earthquakes come
    and the mountains crumble into the sea.
Let the oceans roar and foam.
    Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!


10 “Be still, and know that I am God!
    I will be honored by every nation.
    I will be honored throughout the world.”


Observation

God is always ready to help in times of trouble in the big things and in the little things that come our way. 

This week I was trying to help a friend fix his computer. He left it at my house for me to look at. I am no computer whiz but I thought that I could probably fix the problem without a whole thought of trouble. Two days later I find myself still trying to correct the problem and I have totally run out of things to try. It was then when I turned to the Lord and asked Him for His help! Dummy me! 

Why didn’t I pray and ask God for His help the moment I started working on the computer! 

Be honest you are no different! 

God does not want us to call on Him as the last resort like I did with fixing the computer. 

What kind of trouble has come your way: financial, your personal health or the illness of a loved one, a relationship at work, a son or daughter that is heading in the wrong direction, a marriage that has grown cold, a boss who doesn’t like you, or maybe not even being able to get a job, or something similar to what I have listed above? 

Here is the verse for us today: 

God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. Psalm 46:1


 Application

I will try hard to remember that God wants to help me with all my problems no matter how big or how small.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am so hard headed. After all of these years of You taking care of my problems and me you would think that I would have learned by now to talk to you about everything. Thank You for fixing the computer. I still don’t know what You did to make it start working, but I am sure glad that You did. Help me to call on You with both the big problems and even the small ones that I seem to try to fix on my own.

Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you. 1 Peter 5:7   

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7


   


   



   


   


Daily Bible Reading:  2 Kings 17; 2 Chronicles 28; Psalms 46; James 3

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: