Saturday, July 04, 2015

Keep Your Servant From Deliberate Sins! Don’t Let Them Control Me.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Keep Your Servant
From Deliberate Sins!
Don’t Let Them Control Me. 

The story of David’s deliberate sin is recorded in the Bible to show us what not to do. God put the story in our Bibles to show us the terrible consequences of allowing deliberate sins to control us.

Scripture

Psalm 19

13 Keep your servant from deliberate sins!
    Don’t let them control me.


Observation

King David lived most of his life very close to the Lord. God even said about David, “He is a man after my own heart.” Acts 13:22

But David deliberately sinned by committing adultery with Bathsheba and then David murdered her husband Uriah to try to cover up his sin.

He allowed sin to control him.

The story of David’s deliberate sin is recorded in the Bible to show us what not to do. God put the story in our Bibles to show us the terrible consequences of allowing deliberate sins to control us.

You and I are capable of any terrible sin. Sin can and will control us if we allow it to. 

Today, you and I have a choice. 

We can allow God’s Holy Spirit to control us or we can be controlled by deliberate sin. 

Application

I will allow God’s Holy Spirit to be in control of my life. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, everyday as I read Your Word I see so many warnings about sin and its destructive power. Help me to guard Your Word in my heart to keep me from sinning against You. Keep me from deliberate sins and don’t let them control me. Control my life today and show me any sin that needs to be confessed.


Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 15,16; Hosea 1; Hebrews 1; Psalms 17-20

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: