Wednesday, July 01, 2015

You Bless The Godly, O LORD; You Surround Them With Your Shield Of Love.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

You Bless The Godly,
O LORD;
You Surround Them With Your Shield Of Love.

Isn’t it time to say to the Lord, “I repent” and I am turning from this sin and I turning my life totally back over to You Lord? Tell me that you are not stupid enough to think that you can continue in that sin and think that God is going to continue to bless you?

Scripture

Psalm 5

12 For you bless the godly, O Lord;
    you surround them with your shield of love.


Observation

If you are a Christ follower, if you have placed your trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, then I hope you understand how important it is to live a godly life!

When you and I placed our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and became God’s very own children we were surrounded by His shield of love. I like to think of it as an umbrella of His blessing.

As we walk in obedience and stay close to God we remain under His umbrella of blessing, surrounded by His shield of love.

When you and I choose to sin and we choose not to confess our sin … then you and I have walked out from under God’s umbrella of blessing. We have walked away from His shield of love!

Ungodly living for a Christ follower is a very dangerous place to be! It is also a very stupid place to be!

Blessing or curse … everyday we have the choice.

    If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

 “Come. Let us settle this matter,” says the Lord. “Even though your sins are bright red, they will be as white as snow. Even though they are deep red, they will be white like wool. But you have to be willing to change and obey me. Isaiah 1:18-19a

Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, Acts 3:19

Isn’t it time to say to the Lord, “I repent” and I am turning from this sin and I turning my life totally back over to You Lord?

Tell me that you are not stupid enough to think that you can continue in that sin and think that God is going to continue to bless you?
   
I beg you to live a blessed life from here on out. Finish your life well!

Application

I will continue to challenge men and women to choose to live godly lives. How about you?

Prayer

Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. But they delight in the law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do. 

But not the wicked! They are like worthless chaff, scattered by the wind. They will be condemned at the time of judgment. Sinners will have no place among the godly. For the Lord watches over the path of the godly, but the path of the wicked leads to destruction. Psalm 1

Daily Bible Reading:  Isaiah 1,2,3; Titus 3; Psalm 1-5

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: