Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Teach The Older Men To Exercise Self-Control, To Be Worthy Of Respect, And To Live Wisely


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Teach The Older Men To Exercise Self-Control,
To Be Worthy Of Respect,
And To Live Wisely 

We can learn from younger men. You and I have blind spots, things in our lives that need to be corrected and we need godly young men to challenge us and point them out!

Scripture

Titus 2

Teach the older men to exercise self-control, to be worthy of respect, and to live wisely. They must have sound faith and be filled with love and patience.

Observation

You would think that us older men would not have to be taught. You would think that we should be the ones that know it all and have everything under control, but we don’t. 

You and I no matter how old we are should always be teachable. 

Self-control – how are you and I doing in that area? 

Are we living lives worthy of respect? 

Are we living life wisely? Or are we still doing stupid stuff? 

We can learn from younger men. You and I have blind spots, things in our lives that need to be corrected and we need godly young men to challenge us and point them out!

Pride could keep you and pride could keep me from being all that God wants us to be! 

Let’s watch the young godly men that God has placed in our lives and let’s learn from them!

Let’s finish well!

 Application

I will be teachable. I can learn from the younger men that God has placed in my life. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to have the same kind of passion that the Apostle Paul had when he wrote to the church in Philippi:

12 I don’t mean to say I am perfect. I haven’t learned all I should even yet, but I keep working toward that day when I will finally be all that Christ saved me for and wants me to be.
13 No, dear brothers, I am still not all I should be, but I am bringing all my energies to bear on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God is calling us up to heaven because of what Christ Jesus did for us. Philippians 3:12-14

Help me Lord to finish well!

Daily Bible Reading:  Amos 7,8,9; Psalms 104; Titus 2

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: