Thursday, June 25, 2015

For God Saved Us And Called Us To Live A Holy Life.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

For God Saved Us
And
Called Us To Live A Holy Life.

There should be a huge difference in our lives now if we are in Christ compared to the way we lived before we surrendered our lives to Christ? Is there? Let’s put on the shining armor of right living and turn away from anything that was a part of our former way of life.  

Scripture

2 Timothy 1

For God saved us and called us to live a holy life. He did this, not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan from before the beginning of time—to show us his grace through Christ Jesus.

Observation

You and I were saved for a purpose. You and I were saved for a reason. We were not saved because we deserved it.

God has called us to live holy lives. Just what that mean to you and to me?

It means to me that my life now should be totally different than what my life was before I met Jesus Christ.

My life now should be Christ-centered and not Eddy-centered. My life should match what I say. My walk should match my talk.

There are lots of verses in the Bible that explain this better than I can.

The night is almost gone; the day of salvation will soon be here. So remove your dark deeds like dirty clothes, and put on the shining armor of right living. Romans 13:12

This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! 2 Corinthians 5:17

When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, Galatians 5:19

Throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. Ephesians 4:22



There should be a huge difference in our lives now if we are in Christ compared to the way we lived before we surrendered our lives to Christ? 

Is there? 

Let’s put on the shining armor of right living and turn away from anything that was a part of our former way of life.  

Application

I will ask God to help me to live my life in a way that pleases Him. I will stop doing anything that He shows me that doesn’t reflect my new life that I have in Christ.

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that I am a sinner. I know that I have been saved by grace and I know that I don’t deserve it. Help me to walk in a way that pleases You. Don’t let my life be a contradiction. Don’t let me be a stumbling block to those around me. I pray for those close to me who need to turn from the old life and put on the shining armor of right living. Give them the strength to turn from sin and self and totally commit their lives to You.


Daily Bible Reading:  Joel 1,2,3; 2 Timothy 1

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: