Monday, June 22, 2015

Be An Example To All Believers In What You Say, In The Way You Live, In Your Love, Your Faith, And Your Purity.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Be An Example To All Believers
In What You Say,
In The Way You Live, In Your Love, Your Faith, And Your Purity.

Okay, maybe you and I are not all that young, but more important are we examples to all believers in what we say, the way we live, in our love, our faith, and our purity? Does verse 12 describe us? What needs to change?

Scripture

1 Timothy 4

“Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.”

12 Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.

Observation

Does verse 12 describe us?

Okay, maybe you and I are not all that young, but more important are we examples to all believers in what we say, the way we live, in our love, our faith, and our purity?

Today is Monday. We have a new week ahead of us.

So let us be examples to all believers in what we say. Lets be examples to all believers in the way we live. Lets really love people with God’s Agape sacrificial love. Lets be an example to all believers by our faith, trusting God for some really big things!

And lets clean up our lives so that we can be examples to all believers. Let us be men and women of integrity!

I like how the Living Bible states this verse, 12 Don’t let anyone think little of you because you are young. Be their ideal; let them follow the way you teach and live; be a pattern for them in your love, your faith, and your clean thoughts.

“Be their ideal” That is our assignment … now what do we need to change to make that happen?

Application

I want God to show me anything in my life that I need to change so that I can live out 1 Timothy 4:12. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want You to help me change anything in my life that does not bring You honor and glory. Show me what needs to change in my life so that I can be the example that You want me to be. 

I give You permission to “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my concerns. See if there is any offensive way in me.” Psalm 139:23-24a


Daily Bible Reading:  2 Kings 8,9; 2 Chronicles 21; 1 Timothy 4

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: