Monday, June 01, 2015

Put On The Armor Of Right Living


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Put On
The Armor
Of Right Living

Christians drinking alcoholic beverages and getting drunk does not make for a good witness. The Apostle Paul says, “Be decent and true in everything you do so that all can approve your behavior.

Scripture

Romans 13 

So quit the evil deeds of darkness and put on the armor of right living, as we who live in the daylight should! Be decent and true in everything you do so that all can approve your behavior.
Don’t spend your time in wild parties and getting drunk or in adultery and lust or fighting or jealousy. 14 But ask the Lord Jesus Christ to help you live as you should, and don’t make plans to enjoy evil.

Observation

We as Christians don’t realize how destructive it is for us to continue doing the things that we used to do before Jesus Christ rescued us from the old life!
                                                
Christians drinking alcoholic beverages and getting drunk does not make for a good witness. The Apostle Paul says, “Be decent and true in everything you do so that all can approve your behavior.

I can remember back when I drank and what stupid things I did. How I embarrassed so many people. 

I can remember when we first got married how I wanted to make our tiny extra bedroom into a bar. I remember all of Kathy’s family buying me things during Christmas that would go into decorating that bar.

Fortunately it was during the next few months after that Christmas that I surrendered my life to Jesus and made Him Lord and Savior of my life. The desire for drinking and for having a room in my house dedicated for the purpose of drinking no longer was attractive to me. The next Christmas instead of giving me stuff for a bar Kathy’s family bought me Christian books, Scripture wall decorations, etc.

Can you drink a beer?

If you are a Christian and you are asking that question then you are asking the wrong question.

Here are a couple of better questions for you.

Does drinking this bring honor to my Lord and my Savior? Is drinking this going to cause a “weaker brother” to stumble?

To any social drinker that thinks it does no harm to drink a beer or two or three here is my question, “How do you know when you have crossed the line and you are allowing the alcohol to control you?” 

Don’t be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 5:18

I know that this is an emotional subject for many of us.  It is for me. I watched alcohol destroy my Mom. I have watched it destroy many others in our family. I watch it destroy so many families in our church.

It is an emotional subject for me.

Application

 I will ask the Lord Jesus Christ to help me live as I should, and to help me not to make plans to enjoy evil.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for all of our young Christians that make up our church. Give them the maturity to do the things that please You. Keep them away from stupid stuff that will only hurt and destroy them. Help them to put on the armor of right living. Give them wisdom. Don’t let Satan blind them. Help them to think of others more than they think of themselves.


Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 19,20,21; Romans 13

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: