Friday, May 29, 2015

Give Freely And Become More Wealthy, Be Stingy And Lose Everything.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Give Freely And Become More Wealthy,
Be Stingy
And Lose Everything.

There is no way that you and I can go wrong by being generous. It is a win – win - win proposition!

Scripture

Proverbs 11

24 Give freely and become more wealthy;
    be stingy and lose everything.


25 The generous will prosper;
    those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.


Observation

You and I tend to think that we can’t afford to be generous. If we give away what we have then we won’t make it until the end of the month or until the next payday. But as Christians we have a God who loves it when we are generous and He promises to bless our generosity!

God challenges us to be generous! Throughout the Bible God reminds us that the more we give the more we receive. When we are generous that is when we are most like our Heavenly Father.

Being stingy is so unlike God.

Here are two of my favorite scriptures on why we should be generous:

Luke 6:38 

    If you give, you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use in giving—large or small—it will be used to measure what is given back to you."

Malachi 3:10 

    Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do," says the Lord Almighty, "I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in! Try it! Let me prove it to you! 


There is no way that you and I can go wrong by being generous. It is a win – win - win proposition!

Application

I will look at ways to be generous. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t let us be stingy. Show us that we can trust You. Show us where You want us to generously give to help someone else. You own it all and I know that I can trust You when You promise and even challenge me to be generous. You have been so generous to me and to my family. Thank You for Your generosity!

Daily Bible Reading:  Proverbs 10,11,12; Romans 10

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: