Friday, May 15, 2015

We Urge You In The Name Of The Lord Jesus To Live In A Way That Pleases God


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

We Urge You
In The Name Of The Lord Jesus
To Live In A Way That Pleases God

A couple asked me this week as we were talking about them living together, “What does God’s word say about us living together?

Scripture

1 Thessalonians 4

Finally, dear brothers and sisters, we urge you in the name of the Lord Jesus to live in a way that pleases God, as we have taught you. You live this way already, and we encourage you to do so even more. For you remember what we taught you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.

God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin.

Observation

A couple asked me this week as we were talking about them living together, “What does God’s word say about us living together?

Bottom line for all of us is found in verse 4, “… we urge you in the name of the Lord Jesus to live in a way that pleases God”

To any person reading this and finds themselves in a similar situation as this young couple my advice to you is do something about it. Move out or get married!

God wants to bless us. He wants us to be under His umbrella of protection and blessing. When you and I (if we are Christ followers), deliberately choose to remain in sin then that willful disobedience moves us out from under God’s umbrella of blessing and protection.

It is a dangerous place to be.

My prayer for this young couple is that they will hear God’s voice and they will change the way they are living.

As Paul says in verse 3, “God’s will for you is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin.

Application

I will pray for the couples I know that need to change the way that they are living and I will encourage them to heed God’s word.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I do pray for the couples that know the way that they are living is not right. Give them the courage and the boldness to change. Help them live in a way that pleases You. Give me the ability to help them. Help them to be open to Your word and to the promptings of Your Holy Spirit. I want them to live in a way that causes You to smile.

I pray for my sister Linda today on her birthday. God bless her. Give her strength and energy as she takes care of her son Jonathan. Meet all of their needs.


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Chronicles 25,26,27; 1 Thessalonians 4

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: