Wednesday, May 06, 2015

The Sacrifice You Desire Is A Broken Spirit


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The
Sacrifice
You Desire Is A Broken Spirit

As long as we are selfish and full of pride God will not forgive us. Our lives will continue to be a mess. Satan will rob every ounce of joy out of our daily lives. 

Scripture

Psalms 51

17 The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit.
    You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God.


Observation

King David committed adultery with Bathsheba and then ordered the murder of her husband Uriah to try to cover up his sin. God sent the prophet Nathan to David to let David know that these sins did not go unnoticed by God. 

Our sins do not go unnoticed by God either!

As we read through Psalm 51 we find David pouring out his heart to God. He comes to God in brokenness and repentance asking God to forgive him. 

In Psalm 51 David points out a very important truth that we should never forget. And that truth is that God accepts us and forgives us when we come to Him with a broken and repentant heart. 

As long as we are selfish and full of pride God will not forgive us. Our lives will continue to be a mess. Satan will rob every ounce of joy out of our daily lives. 

What horrible thing or things have we done in our lives? None of us deserve to be forgiven. We are all sinners. We have all done terrible things. 

Maybe you are living with unconfessed sin or sins right now. God wants to forgive you. 

What does it take to be forgiven? It takes a broken spirit, a broken and repentant heart. 

 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong. 1 John 1:9

 Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Application

I will ask God to show me anything in my life that does not please Him. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.  How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. 


 Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don’t let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. 

. Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 

Psalm 19:12-14; Psalm 139:23

Daily Bible Reading:  2 Samuel 11,12; Psalms 51; Matthew 23

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: