Tuesday, May 12, 2015

My God Is My Rock, In Whom I Find Protection


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

My God
Is My Rock,
In Whom I Find Protection

Next week I go back to the hospital so a doctor can go into my heart with a catheter to attempt to fix an electrical problem. As I think about this I realize that a human being will be working on me … this fellow is fully human … he is not God. He is not perfect … he can mess up!

Scripture

2 Samuel 22

“The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;

    my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
    and my place of safety.


Observation

Next week I go back to the hospital so a doctor can go into my heart with a catheter to attempt to fix an electrical problem. Sounds crazy I know!

They can actually go into my heart, map out it out detect the part of my heart that is misfiring and fix it.

As I think about this I realize that a human being will be working on me … this fellow is fully human … he is not God. He is not perfect … he can mess up!

So I will do just like David did in 2 Samuel 22 and I will declare that “The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my Savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.


Application


I will put my faith and my trust totally in the Lord. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, my heart is confident in you, O God; my heart is confident. No wonder I can sing your praises! Wake up, my heart!  Wake up, O lyre and harp!  I will wake the dawn with my song. 
I will thank you, Lord, among all the people.  I will sing your praises among the nations. For your unfailing love is as high as the heavens. Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds. Be exalted, O God, above the highest heavens. May your glory shine over all the earth. 2 Samuel 7-11

Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 21,22,23; 1 Thessalonians 1; Psalm 57-61

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: