Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I Love God’s Law With All My Heart. But There Is Another Power Within Me That Is At War With My Mind


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Love God’s Law With All My Heart.
But
There Is Another Power Within Me That Is At War With My Mind

 Kathy loves to tell this story that helps us understand how to have victory over sin!

Scripture

Romans 7

22 I love God’s law with all my heart. 23 But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind.

Observation

Are you struggling with a particular sin and want to have victory over it? 

Kathy loves to tell this story that helps us understand how to have victory over sin! 

There was an Indian that had two dogs a white dog and a black dog that he would let fight each other in each of the towns he visited. He would have people bet on which of the two dogs would win the fight. He always seem to know which one was going to win, sometimes it was the white dog and sometimes the black. So someone asked him one day, “how do you always seem to know which dog is going to win in the fight”, to which the Indian replied, “Oh, that it easy it is the one that I feed the most!”

You and I are in a battle. It is war. Everyday your old nature and my old nature are fighting to get us to yield to sin. 

If you and I are not feeding on God’s word everyday trust me I know what “dog” is going to win the war!

Satan wants to destroy us. He wants to destroy our families. He wants to destroy our marriages. He wants to destroy our testimony and our witness. 

24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? 25 Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 7:24-25

In Romans 8 Paul tells us about the Power living within us and he tells us how we can live victorious Christian life! Have to wait until tomorrow to find out and unless you read Romans 8 right now!

Application

I will be in God’s word everyday because I know that my old nature is constantly at war within me trying to get me to sin.

How about you? It is a dogfight that is being waged within you today which one is going to win?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray Romans 8:26-28 back to You this morning.

“And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. 

But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will.

 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” Romans 8:26-28


Daily Bible Reading:  Proverbs 1,2,3; Romans 7

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: