Wednesday, May 13, 2015

What Gives Us Hope And Joy? It Is You! Yes, You Are Our Pride And Joy.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

What Gives Us Hope And Joy?
It Is You!
Yes, You Are Our Pride And Joy.

 Who will be in Heaven because of me? Who will be in Heaven because of you?

Scripture

1 Thessalonians 2

19 After all, what gives us hope and joy, and what will be our proud reward and crown as we stand before our Lord Jesus when he returns? It is you! 20 Yes, you are our pride and joy.

Observation

As a Pastor I sometimes must remind myself that my reward and my crown when I stand before Jesus will be those whose lives I have helped change. If I don’t remind myself of this I can get discouraged or even worse I can get sidetracked and focus on things that really matter to the kingdom of God at all.

Where is your joy?

Even if we are not pastors our pride and joy should come from the same place and that is helping people move closer to God. Transformed lives will be our reward and crown when we get to Heaven.

Who will be in Heaven because of me? Who will be in Heaven because of you?

That’s our homework! That’s our assignment! Lets get with it!

 Application

I will think of someone today that needs me to help them move in God’s direction! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am reminded as I write this that the harvest is plenteous it is the laborers that are few. Show me today who needs a nudge. Show me today who needs a word to move them in Your direction. Don’t let me go through this day without trying to move somebody closer to You.

I pray for my brother in law DuWayne today as he is going through surgery. Protect him and give the surgeon the skill he needs to do the job well. Guide his hands. I pray for a quick recovery.


Daily Bible Reading:  2 Samuel 24; 1 Chronicles 21; Psalms 30; 1 Thessalonians 2; Psalm 62-67

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: