Tuesday, May 05, 2015

O LORD, I Give My Life To You.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

O LORD,
I
Give My Life To You.

The secret to King David’s life is found in Psalm 25:1! Even though he was king he realized that his success came from a life surrendered to God.

Scripture

Psalm 25

O Lord, I give my life to you.

Observation

The secret to King David’s life is found in Psalm 25:1! Even though he was king he realized that his success came from a life surrendered to God.

Surrender!

Have you come to the place in your life where you realize that there is a God and you are not he?

Have you said in prayer to God, “O Lord, I give my life to You?”

When you and I realize who we are and why we were created then and only then can we live a life filled with meaning and purpose.

Jesus said in John 10:10, “The thief comes only in order to steal, kill, and destroy. I have come in order that you might have life—life in all its fullness.”

Matthew 6:33
    But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Matthew 16:24

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me.

To be a “Christ Follower” you and I must come to the place of surrender and we must acknowledge Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. We must turn from sin and self and turn to God trusting in what Jesus Christ did for us on the cross. 

Once we have surrendered our lives to Christ for our salvation and we have become followers of the Lord Jesus Christ then every day we must make the decision to live for Him and not for ourselves.

Each day you and I must say as King David said, “O Lord, I give my life to you.” 

Application

I am saying to the Lord today, “O Lord, I give my life to you.”

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me live this day surrendered to You. I give my life to you today. I want You to guide me. I want You to direct my steps. I want this day to count for You.


Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 10; 1 Chronicles 20; Psalm 20; Matthew 22; Psalm 21-25

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: