Thursday, May 28, 2015

For Wisdom Is Far More Valuable Than Rubies. Nothing You Desire Can Compare With It.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

For Wisdom
Is Far More Valuable Than Rubies.
Nothing You Desire Can Compare With It. 

Yesterday I wrote about the “utter fool” found in Proverbs 5.  An utter fool is someone that believes the LIE that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence and jumps the fence! Today I want to talk about the Wisdom found in Proverbs 8. 

.

Scripture
.

Proverbs 8

11 For wisdom is far more valuable than rubies.
    Nothing you desire can compare with it.


Observation

And this is what he says to all humanity: ‘The fear of the Lord is true wisdom; to forsake evil is real understanding.’” Job 28:28

Yesterday I wrote about the “utter fool” found in Proverbs 5.  An utter fool is someone that believes the LIE that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence and jumps the fence!

Today I want to talk about the Wisdom found in Proverbs 8. 

Job wrote an entire chapter on Wisdom, and he summed it all up with Job 28:28, “The fear of the Lord is true wisdom; to forsake evil is real understanding.”

Someone called me yesterday and asked me, “Can I meet with you and study the Bible so I can become the man that God wants me to be?” Now that man has a desire to become a man of wisdom. I pray that he follows through on his request and that he does become a man after God’s own heart! 

How about you? How about me? Are we willing to have a true reverence for God? Are we willing to forsake evil? 

Or will we remain “utter fools” and keep doing things that don’t honor God. 

Let’s show our reverence for God by running away from evil so we can be wise and live productive lives for Him. 

If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. James 1:5

If you are wise and understand God’s ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom. James 3:13

But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and the fruit of good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere. James 3:17

.


Application

.
I will ask God for wisdom today. How about you? 

.

Prayer

.

Heavenly Father, give me wisdom. I don’t want to be a “fool”. I don’t want to do stupid sins today that make You sad. Help me to please You with the way I live. Help me to have Your thoughts and Your attitude about the people around me. Help me to love my family the way You want them to be loved. Give me Your heart and Your love for people today.


Daily Bible Reading:  Proverbs 7,8,9; Romans 9; Job 28; Psalm 137-140

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: