Saturday, May 02, 2015

“Moses Provided For Divorce As A Concession To Your Hard Heartedness, But It Is Not Part Of God’s Original Plan. I’m Holding You To The Original Plan.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

“Moses Provided For Divorce As A Concession To Your Hard Heartedness,
But It Is Not Part Of God’s Original Plan.
I’m Holding You To The Original Plan.” 

The big lie that Satan has been telling you is that you will be better off if you divorce your spouse. What a lie!

Scripture

Matthew 19

8-9 Jesus said, “Moses provided for divorce as a concession to your hard heartedness, but it is not part of God’s original plan. I’m holding you to the original plan, and holding you liable for adultery if you divorce your faithful wife and then marry someone else. I make an exception in cases where the spouse has committed adultery.” Message

Matthew 19

8-9 “It was because you knew so little of the meaning of love that Moses allowed you to divorce your wives! But that was not the original principle. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife on any grounds except her unfaithfulness and marries some other woman commits adultery.” Phillips

Observation

So you want to divorce your wife or maybe you want to divorce your husband.

Could I ask you to reconsider?

Your spouse is not your enemy.

You and I do have an enemy – his name is Satan. He wants to destroy your marriage. He wants to destroy your family. He wants to destroy your ministry. He wants to dilute your influence at work. He wants you to believe a big lie.

The big lie that he has been telling you is that you will be better off if you divorce your spouse. What a lie!

Changing partners does not fix the problem.  

It is a heart problem – Hard heartedness –

As I write this I know that it may cause old feelings to rise up in your heart. Many have gone through the pain of a bad relationship and many of you have been hurt by divorce.

I am not writing to you to cause you more pain. God loves us. And yes, God forgives us. And God helps us move on in our lives. But it is not His original plan for our lives.

My purpose in taking the time to write this is in the hope that maybe there is someone who is contemplating divorce and maybe just maybe they will rethink this before it is too late.

Probably everyone I know in some way has been touched negatively by divorce.

Kathy and I were fortunate enough to go through marriage counseling with Dr. Waylon B. Moore. He told us to take the “D” word out of our vocabulary. He told us that when we fight that we needed to agree ahead of time to never threaten each other with “divorce.” In over 45 years of living together and even fighting together we have never thrown out the “D” word. So glad we had marriage preparation classes with Bro. Moore!

I know that no matter what I do Kathy will never divorce me. She knows that no matter what she does I will never divorce her. She may shoot me, but she would never divorce me!

Application

Kathy and I will help couples work through their problems and hopefully keep them from divorce.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, as I read this passage this morning my thoughts were on people I know who are thinking about getting a divorce. Satan has blinded them. They are believing his lies. Show them Your truth today. Don’t let them give up on that relationship. Don’t let them give up on loving their spouse. Show them what they should do today. Help them to hear Your voice.


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Chronicles 16; Psalm 106; Matthew 19

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: