Thursday, May 21, 2015

He Has Removed Our Sins As Far From Us As The East Is From The West


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

He Has Removed
Our Sins
As Far From Us As The East Is From The West

I think as Christians because we know that God has forgiven us from the penalty of sin we get the idea that we can go ahead and sin and that God is going to overlook it. We have the erroneous idea that He is going to forgive us because He is such a forgiving God. 

Scripture

Psalm 103

12 He has removed our sins as far from us
    as the east is from the west.


Observation

Anything, any little thing or any big thing that does not please God is sin!
You and I, if we have surrendered our lives to Christ have the power now not to live in sin. 

We have been set free from its power!

19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Galatians 5:19-20

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. 

I think as Christians because we know that God has forgiven us from the penalty of sin we get the idea that we can go ahead and sin and that God is going to overlook it. We have the idea that He is going to forgive us because He is such a forgiving God. 

The Apostle Paul battled against this idea! We must battle against it too!

What we do with our bodies does matter to God and the consequences are huge! 

Sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, and the entire list found in Galatians 5:18-20 will destroy the life that God wants us to enjoy. 

What should you do if you are in this kind of situation? 

Repent! Run!

Turn from sin and self and turn to God. Ask Him to forgive you. 

Run from sexual immorality! Run!

18 Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body. 19 Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, 20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body. I Corinthians 6:18-20

Application

I am a sinner, but I have the power and freedom not to continue to sin.  1 John 1:9


    But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong. 1 John 1:9

   
Prayer

Heavenly Father, it grieves and frustrates me when I watch believers live in sin. Show me how to help them. Give me the courage and boldness to confront them with their sin, but even more important give me Your love for them so that they will accept what I say to them. I know that I could be in the very place that they are in if I yield myself to the pull and tug of my sinful nature. Help us to walk in a way that pleases You.


Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 7; 2 Chronicles 4; Psalms 98; Romans 2; Psalm 103-107

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: