Friday, May 22, 2015

We Are Made Right With God By Placing Our Faith In Jesus Christ


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

We Are Made
Right With God
By Placing Our Faith In Jesus Christ

I can remember when Kathy and I were first married thinking that a Christian was somebody who was good, who went to church and who wasn’t doing the things that I was doing. 


Scripture

Romans 3

22 We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ.

Observation

I can remember when Kathy and I were first married thinking that a Christian was somebody who was good, who went to church and who wasn’t doing the things that I was doing. 

Maybe that is your idea what a Christian is too. 

It wasn’t until somebody told me that a Christian was somebody who had a relationship with God through the Lord Jesus Christ. He told me that God Himself left Heaven, came down to earth 2,000 years ago, and was born in a manger. He was Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ lived a sinless life. In His 33 years walking this earth He never sinned one time. He was arrested. He was tortured and then He was put on a cross where He died to pay the penalty of my sin and your sin. He was put in a tomb and after 3 days in the tomb He came back to life. 

I can remember at 19 years of age praying and asking Jesus Christ to come into my life. I asked Him to forgive me of my sins. I asked Him to be my Lord and my Savior. I surrendered my life to Him. 

Maybe you were like me and maybe you are thinking that a Christian is someone who is good, who goes to church, and who doesn’t do the things that you are doing? 

As pastor Bruce says, “Its not bad people that go to Hell and it is not good people that go to Heaven. It is forgiven people that go to Heaven.” 

Are you forgiven? 

 I was in our little 12x60 trailer when I prayed and gave my life to Christ. Maybe you are at home right now or maybe you are at your office. 

Why don’t you pray right now and ask Jesus Christ to be your Lord and your Savior?

Application

I will share this Good News with everyone I can. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for anyone that reads this blog this morning knowing that they may be just like me thinking that only good people go to Heaven. Thank You for saving me even though I am a sinner.   

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. Romans 5:8 

Give them the boldness to pray and acknowledge that Christ died for them. Help them to surrender and yield their lives to You.

Daily Bible Reading: 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: