Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Give Thanks To Him And Praise His Name


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Give Thanks
To Him
And Praise His Name

Okay things didn’t go as we had hoped they would yesterday at the hospital.


Scripture

Psalm 100

Give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good.
    His unfailing love continues forever,


Observation

Okay things didn’t go as we had hoped they would yesterday at the hospital. I was hoping that the doctor would be able to fix the electrical problem in my heart. He was confident that if he could find the spot causing the trouble then he could fix it.

He was able to induce or make my heart go into the dangerous arrhythmia. It is this potentially deadly irregular heartbeat that drops me unconscious and in a matter of seconds with absolutely no warning. This arrhythmia would have caused sudden cardiac death within a couple of minutes if my defibrillator hadn’t shocked me back to life.

After hours of hard work the doctor was even able to map my heart and locate the area where these dangerous arrhythmias originate. Sounds good so far doesn’t it?

Now comes the not so good news! Even though the doctor knows where this area is there was no way for him to reach it. The area that is causing the problem can only be fixed by going on the outside of the heart. He could have done that if I had never had open-heart surgery. He could have traveled through the protective sac surrounding my heart, but when you have open-heart surgery you no longer have that protective sac around your heart.

So I will ever be able to drive again and I will have to depend on my defibrillator to jump-start me every time my heart decides to go bonkers and I go unconscious.

You didn’t need to know all of that but I wanted to share it!

So here is how I see things.

  1. God is good. All the time.
  2. I will give thanks.

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

  1. God will turn this around for our good.

    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

This didn’t come as a surprise to my God. He knew all of this before any of it happened. Nothing touches you or me that is not first filtered through his hands. He knows what He is doing. And I am okay knowing that.

How about you? Are you trusting God to get you through rough times.

Application

Every time I get down about not being able to drive I want God to bring Romans 8:28 to my mind.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for Chris and Larry, the two nurses that took such good care of me after the procedure. Draw them to a personal relationship with You. I pray for Dr. James Irwin and I am grateful that he did everything that he could to try to fix the problem in my heart. Bless him. Help him to know You and help him to walk close to You. Thank You. Even though things didn’t turn out the way I wanted I give You thanks.

    But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

   



Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 6; 2 Chronicles 3; Psalms 97; Romans 1; Psalm 98-102

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: