Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The LORD Is For Me, So I Will Have No Fear. Yes, The LORD Is For Me; He Will Help Me


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The LORD Is For Me,
So I Will Have No Fear.
Yes, The LORD Is For Me; He Will Help Me

Here is the big take away for me this morning from Psalm 118 and maybe it will help you today too!

Scripture

Psalm 118

The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear.
    What can mere people do to me?

 
Yes, the Lord is for me; he will help me. …


It is better to take refuge in the Lord
    than to trust in people.


Observation

I am sure that you already knew that the shortest chapter in the Bible is Psalm 117 and the longest chapter in the Bible is Psalm 119, but did you know that the center of your Bible is found in Psalm 118:8?

(If you Google this you are going to find arguments about where the exact middle of the Bible is located and that shouldn’t surprise any of us!)

This just illustrates to me the importance of verse 8, which says that it is better to take refuge in LORD than to trust people! Okay, enough trivia!

 But here is the big take away for me this morning from Psalm 118 and maybe it will help you today.

Here it is!

The Lord is for us. He has our backs, so we will have no fear!

Yes, the Lord is for us; He will help us! What can mere people do to us?


Application

I will take refuge in the Lord. I will hold on to His promise in verse 6, which says that He is for me! How about you?


Prayer

You are my God, and I will praise You! You are my God, and I will exalt You! Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 118:28-29


Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 10; 2 Chronicles 22,23; 1 Timothy 5; Psalm 113-118

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: