Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Work With Enthusiasm, As Though You Were Working For The Lord Rather Than For People.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Work With Enthusiasm,
As Though You Were Working For The Lord
Rather Than For People.

When you work as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people you won’t need a pat on the back to keep you going.

Scripture

Ephesians 6 


Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.
Remember that the Lord will reward each one of us for the good we do …

Observation

When you work as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people you won’t need a pat on the back to keep you going.

Sometimes you may find yourself working for someone who is not going to recognize your hard work! Work with enthusiasm anyway as though you are working for the Lord. He will reward you!

Last week one of our church members spent five hot days working on a project and I doubt that more than a couple of people knew of his sacrifice. He wasn’t paid by the church to do the work. He worked as if he was working for the Lord and he worked with enthusiasm. He has saved our church a ton of money by volunteering his time and expertise fixing things that have quit working around our campus.

Pastor Bruce’s dad, Dr. Waylon B. Moore told me something one time when I was a young man and I have never forgotten it. He said, “Don’t take a pat on the back unless it is way down low.”

 I have always tried to remember that quote when people say something nice about me or say nice things about a sermon, or a successful event that I was responsible for. I was not to let those nice words and comments go to my head. I have to remember that I serve an audience of ONE and it is His approval that matters!

Receive and learn from advice and criticism – that is the pat way down low!

Application

In what little work I am able to do these days I will still strive to work with enthusiasm because I know that I am serving the Lord. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for our leadership team at church. Help them work and serve with enthusiasm. Help them to be teachable and eager to receive advice and even criticism so that they can be all that You want them to be.

Thank You for all of our volunteers that do so much around our campus. Bless them for all that they do. Show them how important that they are to You and Your Kingdom. I pray for more and more laborers, more and more people willing to sacrifice their time and talent to help reach our city for Christ.


Daily Bible Reading:  Song 1,2,3,4; Ephesians 6

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: