Wednesday, June 03, 2015

As Iron Sharpens Iron, So A Friend Sharpens A Friend.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

As Iron Sharpens Iron,
So
A Friend Sharpens A Friend.

I have watched Pastor Charles and his wife Debi faithfully serve our Lord at First Baptist Lutz for I believe over 20 years now. There very few pastors that are able to do what Charles and his wife Debi have done at First Baptist Lutz.

Scripture

Proverbs 27

17 As iron sharpens iron,
    so a friend sharpens a friend.


Observation

After my last procedure on my heart a few weeks ago that did not go as our doctor or we had hoped I got phone calls from many of our long time friends. Let me share with you about 2 of those friends. I could specifically mention others, but this is a blog not a book.

 Pastor Charles White and his wife Debi are some of our very best friends. Even though we don’t see each other a lot our friendship is highly valued and if there is ever a crisis we are there for them and they have been there for us.

I have watched Charles and Debi faithfully serve our Lord at First Baptist Lutz for I believe over 20 years now. There very few pastors that are able to do what Charles and his wife Debi have done at First Baptist Lutz.

Charles picked me up (I can’t drive anymore) and we went to lunch.

What do you think we talked about 99% of the time while we were eating?

We talked “church”, Kingdom business. You see it is who we are. Nothing is more important to us. Cut us and we bleed “church, ministry, the Kingdom of God”. We did talk some about our families, but most of the time we talked about church.

He encouraged me that day.

As iron sharpens iron,
    so a friend sharpens a friend.” Proverbs 27:17


I also meet every Wednesday with a group of pastors for prayer and accountability. I love to hear each week what God is doing in their lives and in the life of their churches. Their friendship is like the friendship I have with Charles White. The only difference is that I see these guys pretty much every week. We are tough on each other and we encourage each other to be all that God wants us to be “As Iron sharpens iron.”



Application

I will look for a friend that needs a little “sharpening” today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for Charles and Debi White today. I pray that You will give them the desires of their hearts, that You will make their plans successful, and that You will answer their prayers. (Psalm 20:4-5) Bless their church and help them to continue to grow. Thank You for our friends that we have in so many places. Thank You for bringing them into our lives at just the right time. You have used them to sharpen us and encourage us. Nothing is more important to us than the people You have placed in our lives.


Daily Bible Reading:  Proverbs 25,26,27; Romans 15

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: