Friday, June 26, 2015

Jonah Was Inside The Fish For Three Days And Three Nights Then Jonah Prayed To The LORD His God From Inside The Fish


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Jonah Was
Inside The Fish For Three Days And Three Nights
Then Jonah Prayed To The LORD His God From Inside The Fish

If you and I are living in disobedience, if we are intentionally and willfully sinning then we can count on God arranging something big to get our attention. It could be the loss of our health, loss of a job, loss of a business, time in a jail cell, or a million other things, or a combination of all of the above, but God will arrange it.

Scripture

Jonah 1
17 Now the Lord had arranged for a great fish to swallow Jonah. And Jonah was inside the fish for three days and three nights.

Jonah 2
Then Jonah prayed to the Lord his God from inside the fish.
 
Observation

Don’t think that this story is just about a man named Jonah. Oh no, this is a story about you and this is a story about me!

Jonah was inside the great fish for three days and three nights and then the Bible says that Jonah finally prayed to His God.

Boy, talk about being hard headed, this Jonah was one stubborn guy! And you and I can be just as hard headed!

God arranged for a great fish to swallow Jonah. God wanted to get Jonah’s attention and He got it!

God will arrange for things to swallow us when we choose to live in disobedience. God will get our attention!

I know that you have heard this saying, “God loves you just like you are but He loves you way too much to let you stay that way!”

If you and I are living in disobedience, if we are intentionally and willfully sinning then we can count on God arranging something big to get our attention!

It could be the loss of our health, loss of a job, loss of a business, time in a jail cell, or a million other things, or a combination of all of the above, but God will arrange it.

You and I are complete fools if we think that we can get away with sin.

Jonah tried to run from God …tried to be disobedient … spent three days and three nights in the belly of a fish …

23 “But if you fail to do this, you will be sinning against the Lord; and you may be sure that your sin will find you out. Numbers 32:23

It is time to repent and cry out to our God for help!


Application

I will ask the Lord to show me any area of my life where I am being disobedient. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that there are so many great truths that I can learn from by how You treated Jonah. Don’t let me be so hard headed that You have to arrange a great fish to swallow me. Help me to hear Your voice and help me to walk in obedience. I pray for anyone that may be reading this blog today who is holding on to sin and refusing to repent. I pray that today that they will turn from sin and self and turn to You. Set them free!


Daily Bible Reading:  Jonah 1,2,3,4; 2 Timothy 2

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: