Monday, June 15, 2015

Even With The Severity Of His Disease, He Did Not Seek The LORD’s Help But He Turned Only To His Physicians. So He Died …


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Even With The Severity Of His Disease,
He Did Not Seek The LORD’s Help
But He Turned Only To His Physicians. So He Died …

This passage has a clear message for me and this message is for you too. 


Scripture

2 Chronicles 16

12 In the thirty-ninth year of his reign, Asa developed a serious foot disease. Yet even with the severity of his disease, he did not seek the Lord’s help but turned only to his physicians. 13 So he died in the forty-first year of his reign.

Observation

King Asa was hard headed. He was a knucklehead.

You and I can be just as hard headed. King Asa’s spent 35 of his 39 years of his reign as king following the Lord with all of his heart, but he spent the last 4 years living like God did not even exist.

How stupid was that! What a fool!

But you and I can do the same thing! We can be poor finishers just like King Asa if we don’t watch out!

This passage has a clear message for me and this message is for you too. God wants us to talk to Him about everything. He wants us to rely on Him first.

He doesn’t want to be consulted last or worse as in King Asa’s case not consulted at all.

2 Chronicles 16

The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. What a fool you have been!

Application

I will trust in the Lord with all of my heart. I will not depend on my own understanding. I will seek Him in all I do, and He will direct my path.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (personalized)


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not be a knucklehead this week. Help me to live out Proverbs 3:5-6. Thank You for showing me this morning as I read about King Asa how stupid it is to depend on our own resources when You want us to depend on You. I pray for Kid’s Camp this week. I pray that it will be a life-changing week for the kids that attend and for the leaders too. Thank You for all of our young leaders that preached yesterday at our church. Bless them and bless their families.


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Kings 16; 2 Chronicles 15,16; Colossians 1

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: