Saturday, July 25, 2015

When You Go Through Rivers Of Difficulty You Will Not Drown


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

When You
Go Through Rivers Of Difficulty
You Will Not Drown

Yesterday I could have shared several of my favorites scriptures that were part of my daily Bible reading, but I chose to write about the one on marriage. But yesterday I did read some other great promises that might encourage you today. Take a minute and let them soak into your soul and let them encourage you on this rainy Saturday!

Scripture

Isaiah 43

“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
    I have called you by name; you are mine.


When you go through deep waters,
    I will be with you.


When you go through rivers of difficulty,
    you will not drown.


When you walk through the fire of oppression,
    you will not be burned up;
    the flames will not consume you.


For I am the Lord, your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.


Observation

The word that jumps out at me, the word that you and I should not miss, is the word, “when”. God does not say “if” no, He says “when”.

Trouble is coming our way. It has already come in the past and what we have to look forward to is more “trouble” in the future! It is coming.

You may say, “Oh Eddy why are you being so pessimistic?” But to anyone that would say that I am pessimistic I would say that I am not being pessimistic I am just stating the truth.

    "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

As Christ followers we have a Heavenly Father Who has given us promise after promise telling us not to be afraid. Promise after promise telling us not to worry or fret.

Yesterday I could have shared several of my favorites scriptures that were part of my daily Bible reading, but I chose to write about the one on marriage. But yesterday I read some other great promises that might encourage you today.

Isaiah 40:31
    But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.


Isaiah 41:10
    Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.

12 The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right,
    and his ears are open to their prayers…. 1 Peter 3:12a


I don’t know what kind of trouble you find yourself in but I do know this that God is ready and willing to help you as you go through this time of difficulty.

    Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3

    Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you. 1 Peter 5:7 

    Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall. Psalm 55:22 

    And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28  

Application

I will hold to God’s promises as I face today’s problems. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have given me so many great promises in Your word for me to hold on to when things get difficult. 

I live in the shelter of the Most High so I find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about You, Lord: You alone are my refuge, my place of safety; You are my God, and I trust in You. For You will rescue me from every trap and protect me from deadly disease. You will cover me with Your feathers. You will shelter me with Your wings. Your faithful promises are my armor and protection.” Psalm 91:1-4 personalized

Daily Bible Reading:  Isaiah 43,44,45; 1 Peter 4

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: