Thursday, July 23, 2015

Like Newborn Babies, You Must Crave Pure Spiritual Milk So That You Will Grow Into A Full Experience Of Salvation


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Like Newborn Babies,
You Must Crave Pure Spiritual Milk
So That You Will Grow Into A Full Experience Of Salvation

Have you been around a hungry newborn baby lately? Buddy, when they are hungry, when they are craving milk, they cry out for nourishment. You and I need to cry out. You and I need to taste and see that the Lord is good.

Scripture

1 Peter 2

Like newborn babies, you must crave pure spiritual milk so that you will grow into a full experience of salvation. Cry out for this nourishment, now that you have had a taste of the Lord’s kindness.

Observation

Taste and see that the Lord is good.
    Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him! Psalm 34:8

When I discovered your words, I devoured them. They are my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God of Heaven’s Armies. Jeremiah 15:16

How can you and I find the strength to say no to sin?  I know what gives me strength. It is reading God’s word everyday. 

Have you been around a hungry newborn baby lately? Buddy, when they are hungry, when they are craving milk, they cry out for nourishment. 

You and I need to cry out. You and I need to taste and see that the Lord is good. 

Lets make a commitment to the Lord to read and devour His word everyday.  

Application

I will read God’s word everyday. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t let me go through a day without reading Your word. Remind me to read Your word even if I am in bed and about to go to sleep so I can get up and read. I want to live a pure life. I don’t want to yield to sin. I know that Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105

Daily Bible Reading:  2 Kings 20; Isaiah 38,39; Psalms 75; 1 Peter 2

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: