Sunday, July 26, 2015

Lead Them By Your Own Good Example


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Lead Them
By
Your Own Good Example

Pastor Bruce Moore, Pastor Larry Chadwell, Pastor Waylon Moore and myself have the assignment of taking care of God’s flock at Christ Fellowship. Along with us there is a small army of leaders that also share in that responsibility of keeping up with and caring for the sheep.

Scripture

1 Peter 5

Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. Don’t lord it over the people assigned to your care, but lead them by your own good example. And when the Great Shepherd appears, you will receive a crown of never-ending glory and honor.

Observation

Have you ever read the book, “A Shepherd Looks At Psalm 23” by Phillip Keller? It is a classic that everyone should take time to read.

In the book we get a good look at the Shepherd and how He (Jesus) takes care of His sheep. The author gives a great description of “sheep and their behavior” and their absolute dependence on the shepherd.

Pastor Bruce Moore, Pastor Larry Chadwell, Pastor Waylon Moore and myself have the assignment of taking care of God’s flock at Christ Fellowship. Along with us there is a small army of leaders that also share in that responsibility of keeping up with and caring for the sheep.

The Apostle Peter is reminding me and everyone else who serves in a leadership role in our church that we are to lead by our own example. It is a huge responsibility! But one day, when the Great Shepherd appears, we will receive a crown of never-ending glory and honor. Think about that …

Are you and I leading by our own example? Dads ... Husbands ... What needs to change?

 Application

I will think of all of the sheep that were missing today and try to contact them to make sure they are okay. How about you? Who do you need to check on?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to lead by setting a good example. Help me set a good example for my grown children and for my grandchildren. Help me lead our people by living in a close relationship with you. Help me say no to sin. Guide my steps. Don’t let me do stupid stuff this week that would cause You or those around me to be disappointed in me. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14


Daily Bible Reading:  Isaiah 46,47,48,49; 1 Peter 5

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: