Monday, July 20, 2015

It Is Sin To Know What You Ought To Do And Then Not Do It.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

It Is Sin
To Know What You Ought To Do
And Then Not Do It. 

Should’ve … Would’ve … And Could’ve! The biggest area of sin in my life is not doing what I know I should have done. It is Monday and to start the week off talking about sin is sort of a bummer, but maybe it will help us do what the Lord has laid on our hearts to do!

Scripture

James 4

17 Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.

Observation

Should’ve … Would’ve … And Could’ve!

The biggest area of sin in my life is not doing what I know I should have done. 

It is Monday and to start the week off talking about sin is sort of a bummer, but maybe it will help us do what the Lord has laid on our hearts to do! 

Make that phone call, write that note, do something for the neighbor, make that visit, begin to take steps to stop that habit, or a million other things, what comes to your mind and what has God been telling me to do that I have been intentionally ignoring? 

Maybe you and I are not chain saw murderers, but we are sinners. And the biggest sin that you and I may commit this week is not doing what we know we ought to do.  

Application

I will ask God to show me anything in my life that is an area of disobedience, anything that I should’ve, and could’ve done for Him, that I have intentionally not done. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. Psalm 139:1-3,23-24

Daily Bible Reading:  2 Chronicles 29,30,31; James 4

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: