Friday, July 03, 2015

I Always Thank My God When I Pray For You


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Always
Thank My God
When I Pray For You

I pray for quite a few people every day but this morning as I read how the Apostle Paul prayed for Phiemon I feel like I have been short changing them or maybe even short changing you!  I need to add “thankfulness” to my prayers as I pray for them and especially when I pray for you!

Scripture

Philemon 1

I always thank my God when I pray for you, Philemon, because I keep hearing about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all of God’s people. And I am praying that you will put into action the generosity that comes from your faith as you understand and experience all the good things we have in Christ. Your love has given me much joy and comfort, my brother, for your kindness has often refreshed the hearts of God’s people.

Observation

I pray for quite a few people every day but this morning as I read how the Apostle Paul prayed for Phiemon I feel like I have been short changing them or maybe even short changing you!  I need to add “thankfulness” to my prayers as I pray for them and especially when I pray for you!

Maybe this idea even goes along with Philippians 4:6-7 which says,

    “Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”

 When God brings someone to my mind the first thing that I need to do is to thank God for that person and then ask God to work in his or her life.

There is so much I have to be thankful for! There are so many people in my life that I am so thankful for!

Relationships, friendships, knowing wonderful people - this is what life is all about!

Maybe there is someone that you have not been able to thank God for because your relationship has grown cold, or maybe they have hurt or wronged you. Why don’t you thank God for him or her, pray for them, and then contact them and let them know that you still love them.

Holding that grudge will only hurt you. It is not hurting them. Thank God for him or her and pray for them. It is the best thing that you can do for them and it is the best thing that you can do for yourself
   


Application


If you have taken time to read this short blog this morning and you let me know that you read it then this is what I am going to do for you. I am going to thank God for you when I pray for you!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for the people that You have allowed me to become friends with. It is what You created me for. Life is not about me. It is about them. Help me not to forget it. Don’t let me focus on myself. Help me to be like the Apostle Paul and be concerned for those around me and their well-being and not my own self.

Daily Bible Reading:  Isaiah 6,7; 2 Chronicles 26,27; Philemon

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: