Wednesday, October 07, 2015

The Stone That The Builders Rejected Has Now Become The Cornerstone


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The Stone
That The Builders Rejected
Has Now Become The Cornerstone

Jesus Christ! How is it that what we believe about Jesus Christ offends so many people? Don’t expect everyone to like you when you make the commitment to live your life for the Lord Jesus Christ. It isn’t going to happen! When people reject Christ it should go without saying that they also reject His followers!

Scripture

Luke 20

17 Jesus looked at them and said, “Then what does this Scripture mean?
‘The stone that the builders rejected
    has now become the cornerstone.’


18 Everyone who stumbles over that stone will be broken to pieces, and it will crush anyone it falls on.”

Observation

Jesus Christ!

How is it that what we believe about Jesus Christ offends so many people?

34 “Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword.

35 ‘I have come to set a man against his father,
    a daughter against her mother,
and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.

 
36     Your enemies will be right in your own household!’


37 “If you love your father or mother more than you love me, you are not worthy of being mine; or if you love your son or daughter more than me, you are not worthy of being mine. 38 If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine.  

39 If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it. Matthew 10:34-39

When people reject Christ it should go without saying that they also reject His followers!

Don’t expect everyone to like you when you make the commitment to live your life for the Lord Jesus Christ. It isn’t going to happen!

… And since I, the master of the household, have been called the prince of demons, the members of my household will be called by even worse names! Matthew 10:25b

Since Jesus was rejected and since Jesus was persecuted you and I can expect the same kind of treatment by outsiders today!

Even though you and I will be misunderstood and even though you and I will be rejected I suggest that we continue live out Matthew 5:16 in spite of opposition!

    Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:16 

Application

In spite of rejection I will continue to let the Light of Jesus shine through me. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is hard to experience rejection. You know that I would like for everyone to like me. I would like for those that I love to love me back just the way that I love them, but I know from reading Your word that everyone is not going to do that. It hurts to be rejected. It hurts not to have love returned back when I reach out to someone in love. I know that You understand how I feel because You experience rejection all of the time. Help me not to give up on those that I love. Help me to continue to pray for them. Work a miracle in their lives. Help them to experience the love and forgiveness of the Lord Jesus Christ. 


Daily Bible Reading: Ezra 7,8; Luke 20; Psalms 31-35; Proverbs 7



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: