Wednesday, October 21, 2015

My Help Comes From The LORD, Who Made Heaven And Earth


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

My Help Comes From The
LORD,
Who Made Heaven And Earth

You and I can look for help in all the wrong places! On the mirror in our bedroom Kathy has written very big these words: PRAY FIRST! Our help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth!

Scripture

Psalm 121

I look up to the mountains—
    does my help come from there?

My help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth!


Observation

You and I can look for help in all the wrong places!

On the mirror in our bedroom Kathy has written very big these words:

PRAY FIRST!

This past week James Hartley, Sam Cull Sr, and myself had the opportunity to help some families up in Charleston, South Carolina that had been affected by the flood.

Several of those families that we helped were Christians. We know and I believe that they realized that we were sent by God to help them. One family that we helped had a family member living in the home that did not have a relationship with Christ. We believe we were an answer to a mother’s prayer for her stepson. We had the opportunity to challenge him about his need for a personal relationship with Christ.

With these flood victims we had the chance to hug them and pray with them. We had the opportunity to show them that God loved them and cared about them. We had the opportunity to encourage them and give them hope.

Our help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth!




Application

I will remind myself today with every issue that comes up that my help comes from the Lord. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to pray first today when I am faced with a challenge. Don’t let me waste time trying to do things on my own. Remind me quickly that I can call on You. My help does not come from anywhere else. It comes from You. You are all I need for the challenges that I will face today! Thank You for getting us home safely yesterday. I pray for those families that we helped in South Carolina. I pray that You continue to help them and show them that they can trust You for all of their needs.


Daily Bible Reading:  Job 9,10; Acts 13,14; Psalms 21, 121; Proverbs 21


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: